Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Encouragement for those with little feet running around.......

I am reading some Amy Carmichael books and came across this encouragement for those of us who have little ones entrusted to us: (it is in reference to a Tamil proverb: "Children bind the mother's feet". )

From Candles in the Dark:

"The salvation of a single child- who can measure what that may mean, not only here but There? You can't do everything. "After it, follow it, follow the Gleam." For us the Gleam is the salvation of children, and it involves the prosaic towel. "He took a towel." So we won't mind if our feet are bound, for it is Love that binds them. His were bound on the cross."

I am reminded of my parents. Thank you for the example you both have given me to lay down your life to follow that same Gleam. If only I could be proven as trustworthy as you. In His timing. He will finish what He started. I love you both dearly. Thank you for your love for our Savior. I will always remember the way you made the invisible come into sight for me. Dad- your hand on the broken. I will always have such a vivid picture of your hand on those little broken children. A hand of healing and hope. And mom, your courage has made a permanent impression on me. I am so thankful for you both. God is so gracious to us.

No comments: