Sunday, January 09, 2011

Remembering Haiti

The one year anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti is coming up this Wednesday. I pray that we wouldn't forget to pray for the people of this nation and for wisdom, guidance, courage, and compassion to those that are postitioned the best to help them. There was a Festival of Hope that Frankilin Graham was involved in that started today at 1:30. If you want to watch it, an archive of it will be on his website, www.billygraham.org/HaitiLive after 5 tomorrow (I hope that is right, I missed the live version, so I'm going to check it out tomorrow too).

May we not forget that the same person who wrote in Romans 5:2, "...we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God" and Phil 4:4, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" also said in Romans 9:2, "I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart." Paul was so concerned for others who weren't reconciled to Christ that he described it as sorrow and unceasing anguish! This picture of joy and sorrow is captivating to me. Picturing the anguish of Jesus in the garden and then in Hebrews 12:2 where it says about Christ, "...who for the joy set before him endured the cross." I don't understand it all, but there's a beauty in this that is beyond all that I have ever seen or imagined. The glimpses that I do understand brings beauty to my own heart. I pray David and I, along with the rest of the church family would be more and more concerned for our brothers and sisters right down the street from us, for our family members spread across the states, for those in Haiti, India, all across the world. That His glory, His renown, His kingdom-advancement would be our foundation for all that we do. And then the sweet faces of those who have the hope of Christ already in their life- may we not forget to pray for these precious people- our brothers and sisters. Just pray. To Listen and Linger in His presence- may the Holy Spirit pray through us! Why He has chosen us to be his chosen instruments is beyond me, but we are. We are His chosen instruments. What an honor. Don't rush Him. Linger. Linger in His presence. And "Pray Through!"

No comments: