Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When you pass through the waters...

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. Isaiah 43:2

This afternoon I found so much truth in this verse. I had a couple of verses I had written on a little notecard that I was memorizing and meditating on. I pray these verses would bring encouragement to you guys. Isaiah 43:2 doesn't say if you go through waters or if you go through fire, but when you go through fire...and then, wow, that promise! That awesome promise of a faithful Savior. Today, Tuesday February 13th 2007 God showed Himself faithful to David and I. We went through some waters today. And God was with us. The waters didn't overflow us and we weren't burned or scorched. Our God is an awesome God. We know that He is fully able and all powerful. He is just as much a God of miracles today as He was yesterday. But, today, He decided to show his power in another way. He decided to usher our second child into His Kingdom. Our hearts are sad that we won't get to snuggle close with our little baby or hear his/her laughter here on this earth...but the peace of knowing our little one is in the presence of our Lord brings us great joy. David, John David, and I along with the rest of our future family will have a big surprise waiting on us in Heaven. Maybe one of his/her great grandmas or great grandpa is rocking our little one right now. Or maybe my grandpa is telling him of all the stories of Daniel, David, Abraham, Moses....all the while introducing him to the very people. Whatever our little one is doing at this very moment we know it's beyond even our imaginations. When we found out we were pregnant, I was about 2 months, and we were filled with joy. The Lord created a life. I pray that we would release every child we ever have into the Lord's hand. That may mean something different with each child. With this child it was literal- in the Lord's hands! Wow! What an amazing place to be. We cherish each prayer on our behalf. Our hearts are sad for our loss, but our hearts once again leap for joy at the arrival of our little one in the presence of a Mighty God. Our God. In His will is the most amazing place to be- no matter where that takes you. I wonder if Jesus will hold my little one close tonight. I know Jesus will be holding me close tonight.

He who dwells in the secret of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust." Psalm 91:1-2

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge...I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord, apart from you I have no good thing"....I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me...I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken...you will fill me with JOY in your presence... Psalm 16

12 comments:

Ward Happenings said...

We serve a wonderful and loving God who feels our pain. It is a great encouragement to us to see God's grace manifested through you guys. Heaven is a wonderful place. May His peace continue to rule in your hearts. We love you,
Grammy & Pops

Joshua said...

There really are no words... but do know that our hearts and prayers are with you. May the Lord our Rock lift up your heads, and may the Prince of Peace comfort your hearts.

Josh and the Freemans

Adam and Natalie said...

What perfect timing to be studying that scripture. Thanks for sharing that. It is so encouraging to hear you share your outlook during this time of loss in your lives here on Earth but the gain of a new little baby in Heaven. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Goodbye
by Plankeye

it's difficult to say goodbye
after only one life
the rain will fall down replenishing all of our broken dreams

and this burning tree that's withering will bloom again
would you believe

goodbye, goodbye
walk away it's time to say goodbye
goodbye, goodbye
walk away it's hard to say goodbye

now all that's left,
pictures on the walls
memories and stories that are told
the more often told the bigger they get
create a legacy lest we forget

goodbye, goodbye
walk away it's time to say goodbye

no longer can i hold onto this defeated change in heart, i swear
it's time to sing "fare thee well" to life as we know it
my voice it will be, you know i will be, yes it will be still

something woke me up in the midst of dream and fantasy
halfway there
but He always fills my cup
and He lifts me up oh how He lifts me up


goodbye, goodbye
walk away it's time to say goodbye

i never took the time to stop and realize that death takes many forms
even while alive

---------------

luv u guys

Josh, Nicole and Alanna

MaggieMae said...

David and Emily,
Patty Crumpton called my mom today and told her what had happened. I am so sorry; I will continue to lift your family up to the Lord. I pray that he overwhelms you with a peace in your heart and that He will supply all of your needs. What you just wrote is a remarkable testimony of your faith and hope in God’s mercy; it is an encouragement to all who read it.

I have a very good friend who recently lost his wife. He was already a man of God and though it has been a struggle everyday, he has grown to know and love Christ more than he could have ever imagined. The Lord has really used him to touch so many lives; it’s truly amazing. I pray that God will use both of you in the same way.

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

Love, Maggie Hendrix

Anonymous said...

Emily,

How eloquent your words are and how evident your faith and knowledge of our great Savior is. We are sorry for your loss and praying for your health and continued grace and peace in your lives. We love you.

Uncle Doug, Aunt Lora, Hope & Hannah

Anonymous said...

Dearest David and Emily,
Our hearts have been so blessed by your testimony. We are so thankful for a grandson and grandaughter who knows God's word and truly accepts and believes Him in all things. Our prayers are with you, we love you very much. Mama and Papa Ward

Anonymous said...

Emily and David,
What an awesome testimony you are through such a hard place in life. We have known the sorrow that you feel, and take pride in knowing that our two little ones are playing with yours right now. Know that you can cry with hope, because of the belief that there's a place where you will one day see your precious one. We love you and are praying for you daily.
Love, Jeff and Rachel

The Blonde Renstroms said...

Hey, David and Emily,
We are so sorry and are praying for you guys. We are thankful that the Lord's peace is evident to you now. (Sorry, we tried to leave a comment a few days ago, but for some reason it didn't publish). Wish we could be there to give you all a big hug. love ya'll

Unknown said...

Emily and David,
We are so sorry to hear about your loss and hope you all are doing ok.
Thelma and Darrell

Heather Conrad said...

David and Emily,
Just wanted you to know that some "sisters" from Columbus are approaching the throne on your behalf. Because you are allowing God to be glorified through your trials, others are blessed, encouraged, and may even come to know him. I know that your big siter is proud of you.
Heather

Krysty said...

Hey Emily
Thank you for sharing this trial with us...Leah shared a request for prayer with some of us. You are such an encouragement in your response to what God has brought across your path. Not an easy road girl...Thank you for your Godly example. As Heather said, your sister is raving about you and your strong faith. We have the blessing of knowing you a little from your visits "up north"...hearing about your engagement, wedding, & new baby John David (he's adorable). God bless you as you heal and learn from this difficult time. You are a blessing to many!
Your sister in Him,
Krysty Bower