Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September 12, 2006
As I sit in our office of our very first home and hear my husband and son playing together I am reminded of how much God has truly blessed us. He is so good! It's raining today here in Alabama and I am reminded of the days my mama, daddy, and I would eat grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup....I had tomato soup today during John David's nap....by myself in between chores (getting ready for Bible study company tonight) and listening to music...i had to fix it myself this time:-) ....and I had ran out of cheese (so no sandwich, sorry mama)....but still, today, God is so good, just as he was those days with mommy and daddy. I'm leaving tomorrow to go see them! For that is always a huge blessing! And then today, as I was driving home from some errands I was thinking of the additions to my family this past year and a half. The Lord's added a mother and father-in-law, two more brothers, grandparents, and lots of Aunts, Uncles, and cousins to my group!! God is so good! Then I came home and pulled up to the drive way to find a wonderful home- God is so good! Then I walked in and found my husband spending time with the Lord- God is so good! Then talking to my sister, I heard sounds of babies, and happy little kids as they were on there way home from school. God is so good! As I look out the window and enjoy God's beautiful rain on his creation, I marvel at His blessings. His love. His character. His unchanging nature. His provision. His passion for his own creations. His creativity. His love for the unlovable. His faithfulness. His forgiveness. Who He is...I marvel. There's so much I wonder, but one thing I know is that God is so good.

No comments: